When you roll up the car windows and decide that it’s time to enjoy some good music on the go, all you think about is that sweet bass you are just about to encounter. Your mind starts preparing to get lost in the awesomeness of the kicks delivered by your subs. If you don’t have great subs, however, this is an experience you will only hear about (like the way we are telling you).
Installing a 10-inch subwoofer in your car will completely change the way you listen to music. This car audio component is a must-have for any music lover. This subs are very easy to install and can be fitted in small spaces. Our review this time focused on the best 10 inch subwoofers in 2020 to help you build a stereo system with a decent bass and more sonic clarity.
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table for Top 10 Inch Subwoofers
- Our Review Process
- 1. Rockford Fosgate P3D4 Overall Best Component Sub
- 2. Pioneer TS-SW2502S4 Shallow-Mount Sub
- 3. Pyle PLPW10D
- 4. MTX Magnum MB210SP Dual
- 5. Rockford Fosgate P300-10 Punch
- 6. 10W0V3-4 – JL Audio
- 7. Planet Audio AC10D
- 8. New Rockford Fosgate R2 Ultra Shallow
- 9. Sound Storm LOPRO10
- 10. JBL S2-1024SS
- What to Look for When Buying a 10-inch Subwoofer?
Comparison Table for Top 10 Inch Subwoofers
|Subwoofer Name||Power Output||Sensitivity||Our Rating||Price|
|Rockford Fosgate P3D4[Overall Best]||Peak:1000wRMS:500w||82dB|
|Pyle PLPW10D[Budget Choice]||Peak:1000wRMS:500w||90dB|
|MTX Magnum MB210SP Dual||Peak:800wRMS:400w||115dB|
|Rockford Fosgate P300-10 Punch||Peak:600wRMS:300w||82dB|
|10W0V3-4 – JL Audio||Peak:600wRMS:300w||84dB|
|Planet Audio AC10D [Least expensive]||Peak:1500wRMS:750w||87dB|
|New Rockford Fosgate R2 Ultra Shallow||Peak:400wRMS:200w||82dB|
|Sound Storm LOPRO10||Peak:1200wRMS:600w||INPUT SENSITIVITY SELECTOR: 0.2V-6V|
Our Review Process
So, we armed our review arsenal with the best sound engineering knowledge, installation expertise and experience from real users. This time we were going to hunt for 10-inch subs that have highly competitive quality and performance qualities. As usual, for every unit to be considered for the final countdown, it had to portray a unique ability to perform better than most units.
And so we did what we love doing every day – investigating different car audio equipment supplied by top brands to help you purchase the best and only the best.
Our engineers wore their gloves, installation experts armed themselves with the right tools and real users opened their eyes and ears wide to make sure every sub on the review table was thoroughly investigated.
After a few days of intensive inspection and careful selection, our top editors compiled this list of best 10” subs:
1. Rockford Fosgate P3D4 Overall Best Component Sub
We kick off our review with one of Rockford Fosgate’s best pieces: the P3D4 10″ Punch Subwoofer. It’s quite difficult to beat this brand in many sonic aspects. The P3D4’s power handling is mind-blowing and its eye-catching design assures you that it is a monster when it comes to sound performance.
Rockford Fosgate P3D4-10 Punch Features
- What superior power handling (500w RMS) means for you: Put your P3D4 underuse continuously for hours, even days and it will not blink a second. Its power handling conforms to CEA-2031 standards which means it can handle power continuously without risking damaging the voice coils.
- VAST Technology – louder sound: The sub’s cone is built using the Vertical Attached Surround Technology that increases the cone’s surface area by up to 25%. This allows for more sound production without increasing the size and weight of the speaker
- FlexFit basket: It’s everyone’s wish to have a super-strong speaker that can cope with extreme conditions. This design feature gives you exactly that, plus the advantages of minimized weight and resonance. Quite frankly, this is where the superiority of the Rockford Fosgate P3D4-10 Punch emanates.
- Subwoofer remains cool all the time Previous models of Rockford Fosgate experienced a heating problem which led to the introduction of anodized aluminum cones and dust caps into this new model. In addition, the sub features a unique spider venting that helps to keep the motor cool.
- Super clear bass
- Very clean bumps
- Quick response time
- Higher RMS than in most subs
- Loud sound when fed with enough power
- A little expensive but fair for its value
- Requires high power input
Our say: Is deep, loud, and aggressive bass from a powerful and premium quality sub what is in your head right now? The Rockford Fosgate P3D4-10 Punch is your best bet to realize that idea.
Buy the P3D4 without a doubt about excellent sound performance.
2. Pioneer TS-SW2502S4 Shallow-Mount Sub
It’s not easy to find a hard-hitting sub that can fit in a slender enclosure and still deliver the high bass performance you need. This shallow-mount sub will impress you with its powerful performance and premium features, and you’ll be sure to give your car stereo the uplift it needs to sound awesome.
Unique features and benefits of Pioneer TS-SW2502S4
- Oversized, mica injected molded resin cone: The oversized cone is one of the strongest features of this subwoofer. It is able to move more air to deliver louder and more accurate bass than most subwoofers. It enables the speaker to deliver low frequencies that add juicy low frequencies to the car’s audio.
- High-efficiency sound production: The oversized cones work together with double spiders which help to increase power handling and allow for the production of louder bass. The dual spider design allows for more cone motion control and supports the cone’s linear movement for accurate bass response.
- Designed for the best bass in small enclosures and spaces: Pioneer TS-SW2502S4 fits in spaces that conventional subwoofers cannot fit. You can install this shallow-mount sound system in the smallest available space in any type of vehicle thanks to its innovative, space-saving design.
- Highly durable, scratch-resistant enclosure: The sub is wrapped in a sturdy, black carpet that is non-slip and scratch resistant. This wrapping adds more protection to the sub’s interior and also enhances the durability of the driver.
- High sensitivity and energy efficiency
- Reliable continuous power handling
- Delivers accurate bass
- Requires small installation space
- Strong and highly durable materials and sub design
- Some modifications may be needed to fit the box
- Bass is slightly weaker compared to other high-end subs
Our say: If lack of space is your major hindrance from louder and deeper sound, Pioneer provides a way around this obstacle. The TS-SW2502S4 is a small powerhouse that can give you really low bass frequencies without requiring much space.
Upgrade your car stereo with a 10-inch sub from a reputable brand: buy Pioneer TS-SW2502S4 and you’ll not be disappointed.
3. Pyle PLPW10D
Pyle serves the market with audio equipment that consistently reinstates its position as the unbeaten leader when it comes to enhancing the quality and sound performance of any audio system. If you are a relentless bass lover, you will be fascinated by the head-turning bass that the PLPW10D 1000-Watt subwoofer delivers.
Features of the Pyle Powerhouse
- You are here for superior sound performance: Pyle PLPW10D gives it out generously. This Power-series sub promises to push your audio to the MAX thanks to its 2” 4-layer high-temp dual voice coil and a 50 oz, heavy-duty magnet. You get the idea…PUNCH! PUNCH! PUNCH!
- Big bass all the way is what you sign up for when you install the PLPW10D. In addition to the heavy-duty magnet, the sub features a wide, non-fatiguing rubber suspension, non-press cone, and foam-treated surround. These allow for continuous production of deep and strong bass for your total enjoyment.
- Durability at its best: As expected from Pyle, the PLPW10D is a lasting solution to your poor-performance factory speakers. It comes in stamped steep basket housing with bumped and vented motor construction. This housing keeps the sub’s interior safe and undoubtedly extends the unit’s life.
- Best in your car or boat or motorbike: You will rarely find a sub that fits a variety of automobiles like the Pyle PLPW10D. Improved sound performance may be your major target but the versatility of this subwoofer makes it irresistible to many sound lovers, especially those who own a variety of automobiles.
- Pocket-friendly price
- Adds heavy punch to your audio
- Built for durability
- High sensitivity thus good at handling heat
- Impressive versatility
- Magnet is less robust than in other subs
- May need protective grill in motorbikes and boats
Our say: Whether you want to equip your car, motorcycle, or boat with superior quality sound, this is the most versatile sub you will ever get for that purpose.
Get Pyle PLPW10D on your automobile today and experience MAX power from your audio system.
4. MTX Magnum MB210SP Dual
Is a powered set of 10-inch subwoofers a good addition to your car’s audio system? MTX Magnum MB210SP Dual answers this question by giving you stellar sound performance in an all-in-one package that’s extremely easy to install.
See more attributes of this subwoofer below;
Why choose MTX Magnum MB210SP Dual
- Excellent SPL/Bass on any power: This sub uses a lightweight polypropylene dust cap and large rubber surrounds to deliver the kind of bass that lovers of hip-hop and rap music would die for. In addition, the enclosure is built with a 5/8” MDF (medium-density fiberboard) that can handle excessive bass response continuously without failure.
- Amplifier included: A highly dedicated amplifier designed specifically for the MDF enclosure is included. You don’t need to spend more money on an external amplifier and you certainly will not worry about underpowering your sub. As you can see, the sub is truly an all-in-one upgrade for your car’s audio system.
- Stylish, heavy-duty sub enclosure and design: The first thing that captivates your eyes is the Magnum logo embroidered in the ported enclosure. You’ll also like the heavy-duty black carpet that ensures the sub doesn’t suffer dents and scratches. This impressive build assures you long-term service. MTX Magnum MB210SP Dual is a reliable sonic upgrade for your system.
- Fine-tune your system for maximum sound performance: Even though the amplifier has the capability to push 250 watts to the subwoofers, the subwoofers’ performance can be further enhanced using the built-in low-pass filters and bass boost. Having some control over your system’s performance allows you to achieve the sound that best matches your listening profile if you are a fan of loud music.
- Drives frequencies as low as 20Hz; implies deeper bass
- Comes with an amplifier
- Stylish design improves car’s interior
- 3-way protection circuitry
- Excellent sound excursion
- Dedicated heat-sink for efficient heat dissipation
- Power handling lower than other listed subs
- Relatively more expensive
- Some parts aren’t durable
Our view: Adding bass to your vehicle system doesn’t have to be challenging. Install the Magnum MB210SP, one of the best powered 10-inch subs on the market.
Discover the best of MTX Magnum. Check out the MB210SP on Amazon today.
5. Rockford Fosgate P300-10 Punch
Rockford Fosgate AGAIN!
Coming in at number 5 is one of Rockford Fosgate’s best pieces: the P300-10 10″ Punch Subwoofer. It comes to the top 5 with really strong bass made possible by the 300-watt amplifier built in a compact design, which also allows it to be mounted in small spaces.
Features and benefits of Rockford Fosgate P300-10 Punch
- All-in-one solution for bass: The custom sealed enclosure harbors everything your car audio system needs to deliver superior quality sound. You are saved from the hustles of installing separate drivers so that all you need is to run power enjoy the bass.
- Powerful performance with the built-in amplifier: Rest assured of magnificent performance from your sub. Its 300W RMS and 600W peak power amplifier work perfectly with all the other system components to give out the best you can get from a 10-inch Rockford.
- Closed-loop design for flawless cooperation of components: You may not know it from the outside but the speaker’s woofer, amplifier and enclose are put together using a clever design called the closed-loop. This is a unique design characteristic of high-end Fosgates and it makes sure each of the components performs at its best.
- No worries about the thermal and electrical safety of your audio system: An unsafe sub can ruin the entire system. Rockford Fosgate really thought about this concern and added thermal overload, short circuit, and overvoltage protection to the P300-10. In case any thermal or electrical problem happens, your sub will continue working and the entire system is protected from damage.
- Other useful features include a built-in bass boost and crossover controls.
- Excellent sound quality
- Detailed, clear bass output
- Rugged and highly durable enclosure
- Great structural design enables optimum performance
- Can be installed in small spaces
- Easy to install
- It’s relatively more expensive than most 10-inch subwoofers
- Crossover controls are not easy to use
Our view: The P300-10 impressed the majority of reviewers in our team. It beat most subs in sound quality, engineering and appearance. We are convinced that it’s one of the best 10 inch subwoofers in 2020.
The value you get from the P300-10 surpasses its price by far and this makes it a definite pick.
6. 10W0V3-4 – JL Audio
Featuring superior excursion ability, linearity, and excellent overall performance, JL Audio’s WOV3-4 promises you better sound fidelity and improved sub-bass quality. Set this powerhouse up properly and match it with an appropriate power source to get the well-rounded sound that cannot be obtained by any other sub in its price range.
What to expect from 10W0V3-4 – JL Audio subwoofer
- Reliability and better power handling: JL Audio’s patented Elevated Frame Cooling design coupled with a DMA-optimized motor system and a 2-inch diameter coil make for enhanced power handling. The immediate effect of these features is a significant increase in sound output.
- More usage flexibility and its benefits: You can drive your WOV3 with power as low as 75 Watts but it’s recommended that an amplifier capable of driving between 200 and 300 watts being used. In addition, the sub’s design allows it to be used in a ported or sealed enclosure.
- Striking stability and low distortion: A tight, clean, articulate bass is the result of JL Audio’s DMA optimization. DMA(Dynamic Motor Analysis) enables the motors to remain linear in motor force and maintain a very stable fixed magnetic field over a wide range of excursion and power.
- Excellent speaker durability: The woofer cone is made from a mineral-filled, polypropylene material which helps to mold the subwoofer for durability. The elevated motor design also plays a part in enhancing durability as it allows for more ventilation of the voice coil and reduces the chances of overheating. Thus, wear and tear are greatly minimized.
- Bass so deep that it sounds like it’s coming from a 12-inch sub
- Well-constructed and easy to install
- Loud, distortion-free bass
- Install it into an enclosure of your choice
- Superior excursion capability
- Doesn’t come with a grill
- The unit might be too tall for some car models
- A big amp may be needed to utilize it to full capacity
Our verdict: Should you be looking for a subwoofer that is strongly built and one that produces amazing bass, this unit will exceed your expectations
The features and performance of JL Audio 10W0V3-4 are going to blow your mind away.
7. Planet Audio AC10D
If you are looking for a cleaner and tighter sound, look no further than Planet Audio AC10D. It’s among the most powerful 10-inch subs we reviewed as evidenced by its 1500w peak power handling. This compact system easily hides in the quiet spaces of your vehicle but gives out a sound quality that completely defies its size.
Features of Planet Audio AC10D
- Finest for tight bass and precise sound: In addition to having a 1500w maximum power handling capability, the AC10D uses a ring with dual-chamber design and a shared slot port vent. These enable it to deliver the loudest and punchiest bass.
- Compact size for the smallest spaces: The sub sports a compact size, which offers a number of advantages. First, the sub fits in many small locations in your vehicle. Secondly, it is very easy to install. You don’t need any expert knowledge or experience to install it.
- Enjoy your sound just as you love it: The system gives you a number of flexibility features to make sure that you get the best sound quality. These include the input sensitivity selector and low- and high-level inputs. You also get a remote knob to regulate the bass and overall sound from the driver’s seat.
- Foam surround for high excursion: The lightweight surround is ideal for the high excursion. It also helps to keep the cone centered and is self-dampening so your sub won’t sound wooden or make annoying roaring noises.
- Very high power handling
- High-efficiency cone
- Zero distortion audio
- Relatively affordable
- Well protected against damage due to thermal and voltage upsurge
- May heat up a little bit during extensive high power performance sessions
- Material not very durable
Verdict: Planet Audio AC10D is a worthy investment into a car stereo for those looking for a quick and easy upgrade from factory sound. It is impressively powerful and comes with a favorable price tag.
Try out this subwoofer and quench your thirst for sound with deep, precise bass.
8. New Rockford Fosgate R2 Ultra Shallow
Is space limiting your music to small, unsatisfying tunes that leave you angrier rather than entertained?
Kill the anger with Rockford Fosgate R2 ultra-shallow subwoofer, a bass powerhouse built with an intuitive structure to handle high power even in small spaces. We inspected the sub’s features and performance abilities.
What makes Rockford Fosgate the best?
- 400 Watts of peak power and 200 Watts of RMS is not windshield-shattering but… You will get loud sounds and strong bass. Even if you install the sub in your trunk, its impressive sound will reach you behind the wheel.
- Amazing sound distribution: Many subs aren’t able to distribute sound well enough. With the New Rockford Fosgate R2, this is a solved problem as it comes with a spider venting feature and 16 AWG tinsel leads that render the sub a great deal of sound distribution ability.
- Add clean, precise bass notes to your music: The R2 ultra-shallow sub from Rockford Fosgate is a worthy effort by the manufacturer to add an extra low-frequency kick to your audio. The 4-ohm voice coils and mica-injected polypropylene cone ensure that the sub gives you deeper bass notes.
- If you are a starter, the R2 is very easy to install. With a mounting depth of only 3.4 inches, the R2 is among the ultra-shallow subs that are painless to install. You will not spend too much time on it nor will you require an expert to have it in.
- Superior sound distribution
- Highly durable with stamp-cast basket enclosure
- Significantly louder sound than factory speakers
- Deep and clear bass output
- Optimized for sealed enclosures
- Power handling is relatively lower than other subs
- Highly-priced compared to the majority of listed subs
Verdict: The stress of finding a subwoofer that can deliver superior sound from tight spaces comes to an end with the R2 ultra-shallow sub. You’ll love this compact sub for how hard it beats.
Claim your R2 ultra-shallow sub on Amazon while stock lasts.
9. Sound Storm LOPRO10
You may not have heard much about the Sound Storm Labs (SSL) brand from us. Nevertheless, it appeared in our list of best 10-inch subwoofers 2020 for a reason. At just around $150, the LOPRO10 gives your music that extra punch it needs to provide the juice you have been looking for.
LOPRO10 Unique Features
- They are tiny and impressive: Through our research team, word has reached us that you are looking for small, lightweight, and portable subs. We knew your choice must be a compact and easy-to-install yet high-performance unit. Nothing fitted this bill better than the Sound Storm LOPRO10.
- Easily integrates into your existing audio system: The sound champion is equipped with RCA high- and low-level inputs to ensure that connecting it to other components of your system isn’t a problem. They can be installed in a wide variety of locations and are thus great for quick but reliable sound upgrading.
- Tuning controls give you total freedom over the sound: You have spent hours upon hours searching for the best subwoofer to upgrade your music. The LOPRO10 appreciates your efforts by giving you a sub that allows you to adjust your bass the way you want to hear it.
- Very user-friendly: The LOPRO10 is the only 10-inch subwoofer that came with remote control for bass. This shows the brand’s dedication to making it easy to use and convenient for everyone.
- Very user-friendly; remote control system
- Sound control abilities
- Bass boost for a more punchy sound
- Can be installed in a wide variety of positions
- Thermal and short-circuiting protection
- Lesser power compared to bigger subs
- Not easy to obtain optimum sound using a control system
Verdict: The LOPRO10 offers unique goodies like a remote control. It is super-compact and you can adjust your music accordingly. With the impressive sound quality it delivers, the sub is something worth checking out.
Looking for a super-compact subwoofer that’s favorably priced? The LOPRO10 won’t disappoint.
10. JBL S2-1024SS
Until the JBL S2-1024SS was brought to the review table, we weren’t fast enough to consider box design as a very crucial feature. But the way JBL has married subwoofer performance and box design in the S2-1024SS model granted the sub a position in the top 10-inch subwoofers list.
Why choose JBL S2-1024SS
- Oversized voice coil: Ever seen those not-so-big boxers that advance heavyweight punches at their opponents? In the world of subwoofers, the S2-1024SS is the small guy with a heavy punch thanks to its oversized voice coil. The coil can handle more power than normal voice coils.
- Switch between 2-ohm and 4-ohm impedance: In the future, you may want to optimize the sub to your audio system. JBL’s Selectable Smart Impedance feature allows you to switch between the two impedance levels so that you can add another enclosure later without needing to replace your bass amp.
- Reduced port noise and distortion: The S2-1024 comes with JBL’s patented Slipstream port that uses a double-flared design. The main aim of this design is to give you more boom with less turbulence. It also allows for the construction of a small enclosure without sacrificing impact.
- Durability: One of the things that have made JBL Series II a big hit to date is the quality build that characterizes every model in that series. The S2-1024 isn’t an exception; it uses a polypropylene cone and rubber surround that will stand up to any performance situation throughout the long life of the sub.
- No noise or turbulence
- Exceptionally loud sound
- Highly durable parts
- Switchable impedance
- High flexibility
- Requires advanced installation skills
- Takes more space than other smaller subs
Verdict: JBL has added quite intuitive features in this 1000 watts RMS 250 watts peak power subwoofer. It is the best option for a forward-thinking sound enthusiast.
Bass: Tick! Power: Tick! Flexibility: Tick! Durability: Tick! This is great value for your money.
What to Look for When Buying a 10-inch Subwoofer?
Choosing a 10-inch subwoofer isn’t a complicated process. It’s basically a 3-step process in which:
- You identify the aspects that you need to check
- Award each subwoofer marks based on how it performs in a particular aspect
- Add up the scores.
You’ve got a winner.
But you’ll also make special considerations based on your preferences. For instance, if the bass output is top on your priority list, then you will not shy from picking the most powerful speaker (based on power handling capability) even if it might be high priced.
Let’s get down to what you should look for when buying a 10-inch sub.
1. Power Handling
Subwoofers are built for the bass, and we can’t live without the bass. That’s why being keen on a speaker’s power handling is very crucial. Essentially, you will look at the RMS and peak power (MAX) rating.
You can rely more on RMS as some manufacturers exaggerate MAX power. The higher the RMS rating, the more powerful the sub is. But don’t also forget that your stereo system has an amp. So, choose a sub whose power handling matches that of the amp to achieve better sound quality.
A speaker can have high power handling capability but still fail to produce great sound as expected. Often, it’s because of low sensitivity, which is the speaker’s efficiency to convert power to sound.
To achieve better sound at all volumes, you need a sub with high sensitivity. Select subs with a sensitivity rating between 80 and 100 decibels.
3. Does the Speaker Have Single or Dual Voice Coils?
The voice coil component produces sound by pressing and pulling the subwoofer cone repeatedly. The majority of subs on the market have either one voice coil or two separate coils connected to the cone.
You said you are after the bass; go for dual voice coils (indicated as DVC). DVC subs are preferred by bass enthusiasts because you can connect both loops in parallel to achieve maximum bass output.
4. Enclosure type – Determines the Type of Bass
If you pick a subwoofer at random today, you’ll find that it either has a vented enclosure or a sealed ring. What you pick depends on the type of bass you want.
Vented enclosures are for higher volumes while a sealed ring delivers deeper bass.
5. Cone Size and Material
In sound reproduction, the surface area of the cone is a critical factor for the loudness achieved. Larger cones or cones with special extendable design features (for example the VAST technology) are the best. Don’t forget to choose the best cone material too.
Other important factors include:
- Speaker’s size versus installation space requirements
- Price – working with a budget makes selection a whole lot easier
With a clear knowledge of what to look for when evaluating every 10-inch subwoofer, you can now go-ahead to give the speakers a score and finally choose the one you think satisfies your requirements and preferences.
10-Inch Subwoofers: Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Which is better – single or dual voice coil 10-inch subwoofer?
A: Choosing between a single voice coil (SVC) and dual voice coil (DVC) sub is an issue of flexibility, not of which sub performs better. If you want to build your audio system and take full advantage of the amplifier, a DVC sub is the better choice. A DVC provides multiple impedance connections that allow you to better match the available amplifier impedance options. You can maximize the power available from the amp using a DVC sub, which isn’t possible with an SVC sub. Also, with a DVC you can add other amps or subs to the system in the future.
Q: Why does cone material matter?
A: Common materials for subwoofer cones include treated paper, synthetics such as polypropylene, and composites like injection-molded quartz and aluminum. Paper is lightweight. It responds quicker compared to other materials. To enhance the durability of the cone, manufacturers coat the paper with a layer of carbon fiber, polyglass, Kevlar, or CSX. All said and done, treated paper is less durable than other materials.
Polypropylene is lightweight but more rigid than paper. Manufacturers find it easy to work with, which is why it is the most common cone material. Polypropylene adds more protection to your cone against moisture, mold, and mildew. It has a small influence on the quality of sound.
Metals such as aluminum and magnesium are also popular options for cone material. They are more rigid, and this makes them ideal for bigger subs. Metal cones are highly durable.
Q: How much power does my 10-inch sub need?
A: Each sub has a recommended power range. Check the RMS rating listed in the sub’s specifications. The lower number in the range is the minimum amount of wattage the sub needs to deliver. Moving toward the bigger number means the sub receives more power. Bass notes are generally more power-hungry. Subs deliver louder and punchier sound when coupled with an amplifier that has RMS ratings in the upper end of the sub’s power range.
There is no problem with your amp’s RMS output exceeding the sub’s maximum RMS output. You just have to ensure that you don’t turn up the volume knob too high to damage the speaker.
Q: What kind of enclosure should I get for my 10-inch sub—ported, sealed, or bandpass?
A: There are three main types of subwoofer enclosures – ported, sealed, and bandpass. Whichever type you choose, make sure that the box is tightly constructed for optimum subwoofer performance
If you are looking for deep, precise bass, go for sealed boxes. Sealed enclosures are the best for deep bass extension and power handling. However, they need more power than ported boxes
Ported enclosures are perfect for forceful bass. They provide deeper bass than sealed boxes at any amplifier wattage and are thus loved by fans of rock, heavy metal, and any other hard-driving music.
Bandpass boxes are designed for a maximum slam. They produce extra loud sounds with a narrow frequency range. Their aggressive sound is suitable for reggae, rap, and hard-rock.
Q: Which is the best 10-inch sub for my truck or pickups?
A: Small, compact, and enclosed subs are always good for trucks. You can find an enclosed sub that can fit in your truck’s interior. It always helps to measure the clearances in your vehicle to know for sure if a sub and its enclosure will fit.
Q: Must I install an aftermarket stereo to use with my new sub?
A: Hooking up an aftermarket stereo with a 10-inch sub means you will get cleaner sound with or without an amplifier. You can also use the sub with a factory system and an amplifier. Whichever stereo system you have, you will need to make wire connections to get to the high-level signal the stereo puts out. Then, you can use a line output converter to lower the strength of the signal before sending it to the amp.
Rockford Fosgate P3D4 is Our Winner
We settled on the P3D4 as the best 10-inch subwoofer of 2020 because it ticked yes to the most important factors one should consider when choosing the best sub.
This speaker has superior power handling which enables it to drive more power through the system. It achieved a loud sound that was impressively clean and had deep and accurate bass. The speaker also features VAST cone technology and FlexFit basket design top-notch design to support its high-performance demands.