As an Amazon associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
As a proud car owner, your onboard entertainment system would probably be the accessory you’ve spent the most care and time choosing out. And why not, great music is a must for a superlative driving experience. You can see this from the fact that all major car brands have tie-ups with some of the biggest music hardware manufacturers to offer the best in music systems to their customers. Good speakers, one of the most important sets of components in a music system, can improve the quality of your music output and put life back into your music.
See Also: Focal Speakers Review
To give your speakers a long life and to get the best music output, you need to take care of your speakers. Here are some practical ways to take care of your speakers.
- Don’t overdrive them. Your speakers are set to match your head unit’s output level. If your sound starts to crackle or distort at high volume, you’re going to need more power.
- Keep dust away from your speakers by vacuuming them frequently.
- If you have a set of coaxial speakers then install them facing downwards, this prevents debris from falling into and destroying the coil and your speakers. If installed facing upwards, it’s wise to use a wire mesh protector.
- Use a damp cloth to wipe your speakers regularly.
- Keep magnetic materials away from your speakers as these affect the speakers’ magnets and the sound quality eventually.
- If your speakers are mounted at the back just under the rear windscreen then consider tinting with some carbon film to reduce the sun’s heat.
- Check your power connections and battery cables. You should make sure the grounds are still tight and there’s no corrosion.
Following these simple steps will ensure you and your car audio catches the attention of the ladies. If you want to go that extra mile and really make a great first impression, we suggest taking great care of your car’s exterior as well.
See Also: Pyle Speakers Review – A 2020 Deep Dive
You might be surprised to know that just frequently washing your vehicle doesn’t suffice in keeping your car’s body paint up to spec. There are loads of car cleaning products on the market, but a good car wax is a must when it comes to your car maintenance arsenal.
Waxing is an essential step in keeping your car clean. A waxed car is quite different from an unwaxed one as it protects the car from the harsh effects of ultraviolet rays, road debris, tree sap, bugs and more.
If you’ve been on the fence about the idea of waxing your car regularly, we bring to you some benefits of waxing your car.
Pros of using car wax:
- Protects against scratches
- Prevents dirt and contaminants
- Application is easy
- No professional help is required
- It’s heat-resistant
- It’s very economical
These benefits of waxing go further than just preventing damage to your car’s paint, it helps make your next car wash more effective. We hope that armed with these tips, your car will now be the trusty wingman you’ve always wanted.