Speakers are a major part of any sound system as they act as the sound outlet in the system. Their placement plays a critical role in the final sound output. This will require that the speakers be placed at a certain height and this is where the speaker stands come in.
A good set of these stands helps to reduce vibrations in the sound output, makes the bass tighter which means better and clearer sound. In addition, they are durable accessories and their stability helps to improve your speakers’ lifespan.
With that in mind, we have compiled the best speaker stands for every budget to guide you if you are planning to invest in a stand. With these, you can be assured of great broadcasting regardless of your sitting position and at the same time secure your speakers for many years to come.
Here is a summary of the product’s key attributes.
Table of Contents
- Best Speaker Stands Comparison Table for 2021
- 1. Sanus HTBS Overall Best in the Market
- 2. PERLESMITH PSSS1
- 3. VIVO STAND-SP02B
- 4. Atlantic Satellite 77305018
- 5. Sanus WSS2-B1 Best for Sonos Speakers
- 6. VideoSecu 2
- 7. Pa Speaker Stands
- 8. Bose UFS-20 Best for Bose entertainment Systems
- 9. Rockville RHTSB 36″
- 10. Mount-It! MI-58B
- A Buying Guide for the Best Speaker Stand
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Verdict
Best Speaker Stands Comparison Table for 2021
|Speaker Stand||Height Dimensions||Maximum Weight Capacity||Our Rating||Price|
|Sanus HTBS[Overall best]||Adjustable(28”-38”)||3.5 lbs|
|PERLESMITH PSSS1||Adjustable(“30-45”)||8 lbs|
|VIVO STAND-SP02B||23”||22 lbs|
|Atlantic Satellite 77305018||Adjustable (27”-48”)||5 lbs|
|Sanus WSS2-B1||34”||5.8 lbs|
|VideoSecu 2||Adjustable (26.5” -47”)||30 lbs|
|Pa Speaker Stands||Adjustable (44”-70”)||110 lbs|
|Bose UFS-20||38”||16.5 lbs|
|Rockville RHTSB 36″||36”||60 lbs|
|Mount-It! MI-58B||22”||22 lbs|
1. Sanus HTBS Overall Best in the Market
Sanus HTBS comes in a sleek and very slim design which makes it fit in even awkward places like behind a TV stand and it is the perfect choice for small speakers mostly bookshelf and satellite speakers. Additionally, it is compatible with most speakers thanks to its adjustable height making it easy for you to pair it with brands like Sony, Polk among others.
Sanus HTBS Key Features and Benefits
- Rubber feet and spikes for stability– Sanus HTBS comes with either rubber feet or spikes for better stability in hard floor and carpet floor respectively. The feet are made of cast iron which helps in reducing vibrations leading to superb audio production. In addition, the feet are padded to prevent the stand from scratching your wooden floors.
- Inbuilt wire cable channel– This stand has an integrated wire management system that helps you to tuck in all speaker cables without much effort for that clean and attractive look. This also helps to provide a safe working area free from accidental slips and falls as well as keeping your room clutter-free.
- Multiple speaker placement options– With an adjustable height of 28 inches to 38 inches, this stand offers you three ways in which you can mount your speakers on. You can set them on the top plate, on the keyhole adaptor, or on the L-shaped brackets with all positions aiming at delivering optimal performance by positioning your tweeters at the ear level. With this, you can fit your satellite and bookshelf speakers of any size.
- High-quality construction material– Sanus HTBS entire body is made from heavy-duty gauge steel which means; (i) It will last for many years as compared with its wooden counterparts, (ii) The steel is capable of absorbing unwanted noise and vibration resulting in clear audio, (iii) And lastly, the stand can be used as additional furniture in the room.
- It conceals the speaker’s cable very well
- Removable spikes for carpeted surfaces
- Multiple speaker mounting positions
- It is a metal stand which means a longer lifespan
- The height can be customized to fit different scenarios
- The base appears somehow small which makes it wobble if knocked
- The screw holes are small which makes speaker mounting a bit challenging
Our verdict– Sanus HTBS is an exceptional set of speaker stands on the market which comes in a simple design yet long-lasting. It gives you the option to customize the height ensuring best sound output while at the same time it enhances the beauty of your house.
Pick a set of these adjustable speaker stands for a total transformation of your surround sound.
2. PERLESMITH PSSS1
This easy to mount satellite speaker stand is very stable and it comes with all the necessary accessories and hardware making it easy for you to set it up without much hassle. It has multiple mounting positions which means that you can use this stand with a number of speakers that require different configurations and it allows free movement to accommodate different sitting positions.
PERLESMITH PSSS1 Key Features and Benefits
- Sound customization through adjustable height– With PERLESMITH PSSS1 you can customize the sound of the audio by simply manipulating the extendable tube to achieve the desired height. It offers a height range of 30” to 45” allowing you to enjoy the surround or stereo sound as you desire.
- Solid triangular base– PERLESMITH PSS1 comes with a sturdy triangular-shaped base which is built by heavy-duty iron cast making it stable then no other. With this construction, the stand can support speakers weighing up to 8lbs on each side. The base feet offer you two options to prevent the stands from sliding. For cemented/tiled and wooden floors, you can attach the provided rubber pads while for carpeted surfaces the provided nuts come in handy.
- Unmatched wire management mechanism- For those who don’t like to see speaker wires and also as a safety precaution, PERLESMITH PSSS1 has upgraded its wire management mechanism by widening the diameter of the stand column so that it can fit as many cables as possible. The column is divided into 3 parts to enable the wires to slide in easily.
- Three mounting options– PERLESMITH PSSS1 provides three different mounting configurations enabling you to fit quite a wide range of speakers. They include the L- shaped bracket with a vertical hole for fitting speakers in a vertical position, the keyhole adapter for horizontal placement, and the top plate orientation for speakers without mounting holes.
- Heavy-duty yet compact to fit in even small spaces
- Height adjustment for customizing the sound
- It comes with the required hardware for mounting purposes
- Easy wire management through the integrated wire channel
- Very versatile as you can mount your speakers in three different positions
- Not compatible with a couple of speakers
- The nuts are not strong enough for thick carpets
Our verdict- PERLESMITH PSSS1 is a set of very stable speaker stands, easy to set up and the good thing is you can move it from one place to the other without much hassle. It comes with everything you need for installation; enough reason for you to consider this stand for your speakers.
Buy PERLESMITH PSSS1 on Amazon for a good deal.
3. VIVO STAND-SP02B
Vivo SP02B comes in pairs and they are designed to blend into any décor with almost universal compatibility. They come with a standard height enabling them to hold your speakers at the ear level all geared towards enhancing your audio experience. The featured spikes at the top plate and at the base play a major role in minimizing the level of vibrations resulting in clearer sound effects and music.
VIVO STAND-SP02B Key Features and Benefits
- Universal Compatibility– VIVO STAND-SP02B is designed to fit with any speaker from bookshelf speakers to satellite speakers from the most known brands to those that are yet to make a name for themselves. Its large top plate is capable of supporting the biggest speakers out there not forgetting that it is very cost-friendly.
- Premium appearance– These speakers come in a pair with aluminum and glass tempered pillars. This gives them a robust construction with a glossy black finish that makes them fit into any décor while helping your speakers project the most desired audio. Their sleek design makes sure that the stands will not take much space in the room.
- Reliable foundation– VIVO STAND-SP02B has been designed with careful consideration of the placement surface. Its foundation makes sure that it does not scratch or damage the surface. The removable spikes give the stand a firm grip when placed on a carpet which can be replaced with the rubber pads when you want to change the position and place it on a hard surface.
- Internal cable management– With the VIVO STAND-SP02B you have the option to keep the speaker cords and the power cords out of sight internally. With this, the place looks well organized and safe to move around.
- Universal compatibility as it is compatible with almost all speaker brands
- It comes with removable carpet spikes/rubber pads
- Glossy finish and attractive appearance
- The dual-pillar construction increases its stability
- Inbuilt cable management mechanism for concealing speaker cables
- The carpet spikes appear to be too small for thick carpets
- The height is not adjustable
Our Verdict– With universal compatibility you can’t afford to take your eyes off this set of compact speaker stands with great features yet it comes at a very affordable price.
Are you on budget and looking for quality speaker stands to elevate your surround sound? Try VIVO STAND-SP02B for a completely different listening experience.
4. Atlantic Satellite 77305018
The Atlantic Satellite 77305018 features a three- feet base which makes it a good choice for a set of heavy speakers. It is easy to set up and its ability to adjust the height to make it fit different listening positions or different brands of speakers makes this stand very flexible. The cables are concealed for a safe operating environment and neat appearance.
Atlantic Satellite 77305018 Key Features and Benefits
- Three-legged base– Atlantic Satellite 77305018 features a three-legged base that is also wide enough to provide the required stability to keep the speakers in position even the speakers’ volumes are pushed to the limit. The fitted rubber pads keep the stands from sliding when placed on a slippery surface.
- Easy to use– The speaker stands come with mounting brackets which help to make the process of setting them up easier. You can play around with the height anywhere between 27” and 48” until you get the height that you deem perfect and you can fit them with speakers of up to 5lbs on each stand.
- Durability aspect- Atlantic Satellite 77305018 has been designed with durability in mind. Its poles are made of durable cast iron with a great black finish that makes it stand out. This sturdy makes sure that it does not topple from accidental knocks. Additionally, it is lightweight to ease movements.
- Great wire assembling system– The stand pole is wide enough to accommodate all cords making the entire setup look like a wireless system. All you have to do is to tuck the cords inside the pole and with this, you are less bothered, and also it adds to the decoration of your room.
- Atlantic Satellite 77305018 is lightweight and very easy to put up
- It has a wide base which means improved stability
- Uncluttered appearance as it conceals all speaker wires
- Durable cast iron construction
- Adjustable height for all listening positions
- Designed to fit even in tight spaces
- The base tends to sway when the stand is placed on very thick carpet
- Limited compatibility as it does not support some speaker brands
- The mounting screws tend to peep out a little
Our verdict– This black-themed pair of speaker stand blends quite well into any décor and their strong and durable construction makes them a perfect choice for both small and large speakers; and the result is a pleasing sound that is free from vibration.
Get Atlantic Satellite 77305018, perfect for long-term operation.
5. Sanus WSS2-B1 Best for Sonos Speakers
Sanus WSS2-B1 is specifically designed for both the SONOS PLAY I and PLAY 3 set of speakers and it comes with three mounting brackets (one for the PLAY 1 speaker and two for PLAY 3 speakers). For the PLAY 3 speakers, you can either mount them in a horizontal or vertical position. The stand post is hollow and you can keep the speakers’ cables in there for an uncluttered and clean appearance.
Sanus WSS2-B1 Key features and Benefits
- Designed for SONOS play 1 and 3 speakers– Sanus WSS2- B1 is specifically designed for these Sonos speakers. This stand always elevates these speakers at the specified angle and the result is smooth bass response and unmatched sound clarity.
- Three mounting brackets– As mentioned earlier, Sanus WSS2-B1 is only compatible with Sonos play 1 and 3 speakers, and as such it comes with three mounting brackets; one is meant for play 1 speakers while the other two is for play 3 speakers that are aligned vertically and horizontally. This means that you can align the play, 3 speakers, in either position.
- Anodized aluminum construction– Sanus WSS2-B1 boasts of one of the strongest construction with an anodized aluminum pole which not only provides durability but also it adds some sense of style. Cable-hiding ability gives a sleek and uncluttered design and they are perfect for any setup from home theatre setup to surround sound systems. In addition to this, these stands have been UL-listed and they are also safety certified.
- Customized for any flooring surface– With Sanus WSS2-B1, stability is assured no matter the type of floor. The included spikes which can be interchanged with rubber pads make sure that you are limited to any flooring surface.
- It has a cable management system for hiding all speaker wires
- Removable spikes for use in carpet areas
- It also has rubber pads for minimizing vibrations on flat floors
- Eye-catching and sturdy appearance
- It is possible to orient the PLAY 3 speakers in both horizontal and vertical positions
- The fixed top mount makes the stand inflexible
- These stands are a bit expensive
- It is only compatible with SONOS PLAY I and PLAY 3 speakers
Our Verdict– For your Sonos PLAY 1 and 3 speakers, look no further. Sanus WSS2-B1 is designed for these speakers, complimenting every aesthetic all working toward achieving perfect audio production.
Fit your Sonos speakers on these stands today and notice the difference.
6. VideoSecu 2
This is one of the best speakers stands for budget users with amazing features which include solid steel construction and adjustable height and width. This means that you don’t have to worry if your speakers are a bit wider than the ones you had previously. The adjustability aspect doesn’t stop here; VideoSecu 2 features an adjustable top plate whereby it allows you to tilt it at a certain angle to fit different presentations.
VideoSecu 2 Key Features and Benefits
- Side clamping and adjustable top plate– VideoSecu 2 has a special feature that enables you to adjust its width to about 11” which means that it can comfortably handle large surround speakers or bookshelf speakers with such width. With this, you don’t have to worry if your speakers are wider than the rest.
- Ability to pan the top plate at 180 degrees- Unlike other stands, VideoSecu 2 can be tilted at an angle of 180 degrees enabling you to have full control of the presentation. For level adjustment, the stand can further be tilted at -/+ 10 degrees until the desired level is attained. The height can also be brought up to 47 inches and down to 26 inches as it is desired.
- Improved stability– Good balance and stability are crucial in ensuring safety for both the speakers and the user. VideoSecu 2 is built with heavy-duty steel and a solid base which offers broad support and makes the entire setup stable even with large and heavy speakers.
- Stylish appearance– Coming in a glossy black finish, VideoSecu 2 adds to the decoration of the room and the rubber feet keep it leveled on the floor. All unsightly cables are concealed through its wire management system for a clutter-free appearance.
- It comes with adjustable rubber feet for use on both hard and carpeted surfaces
- These stands have a wide top plate that can pan at an angle of 180 degrees
- Conceals the wires for a tidy look
- These stands can tilt at +/-10 degrees to attain the desired level
- Adjustable width to accommodate small/large speakers
- These stands tend to be less durable when compared with others on our list
- The base is relatively small as such not appropriate for heavy speakers
- These stands tend to wobble at times
Our verdict– If you are looking for heavy-duty speaker stands that are stable enough to support your heavy speakers, then VideoSecu 2 is a sure try. Mounting your speaker is easy and the fact that you can adjust the height makes sure that the speakers are placed at the best position possible.
Check and buy VideoSecu 2 on Amazon and optimize your listening.
7. Pa Speaker Stands
Pa Speaker Stands are a great speaker stand choice for your loudspeakers and another set of speakers. Featuring three legs and adjustable height, these stands are quite stable and are capable of holding speakers of up to 100lbs in place. They are compatible with a number of speakers leading to great performance making them worth every penny.
Features and Benefits of Pa Speaker Stands
- Designed for stability and durability– PA speaker stand features collapsible tripod legs strongly built for durability and the collapsible legs ensure maximum portability. With this construction, the stands can support speakers of up to 110lbs. The legs feature non-slip features which provide firm attachment on various surfaces.
- Cable tie straps– These stands come with 8 cable tie straps which provide a convenient and very cost-effective way of organizing the cables as one strap can bundle 50 cables. All you have to do is run the wires through the loop and fasten via the provided attachment and the result is a professional and neat setup.
- Multiple height adjustment levels– It features a sturdy column that provides five levels of height adjustment that range from 44”- 70” holding your speakers safe and in place enabling you to settle for nothing less than the best sound production. Each height level has pre-drilled holes and all you have to do is to fit the top plate with locking pins when the desired height is achieved.
- Easy to mount speakers and incredible compatibility– PA stands are compatible with various speakers and the process of mounting the speaker is quite easy. You only need few tools to secure your speakers off the ground and deliver the sound to your crowd.
- Lightweight making it easy for you to change their location as need be
- Tripod legs make them more stable
- Cable tie straps are quite economical as they can hold up to 50 cables
- Five levels of height adjustment
- Comes with locking pins to securely hold the plate at each height level
- The locking pins could be improved
- Bundling wires through the straps is sometimes challenging
- Not compatible with a number of bookshelf speakers
Our verdict- Pa speaker stands guarantee you great performance through their sturdy legs that hold your speakers safely and in place at all times. They are compatible with many speakers thanks to their adjustable height and huge weight-bearing capacity.
Research no further, Pa speaker stands have all your listening needs covered.
8. Bose UFS-20 Best for Bose entertainment Systems
Bose UFS-20 comes in a sleek design with great white and black finishes which blends easily with the rest of the sound system setup and its metal casing makes this product highly durable. Additionally, these cube speaker stands have unbreakable steel frames which do not get damaged over time and their slim design makes sure that they don’t take a lot of space in the room.
Bose UFS-20 Key Features and Benefits
- Compatible with almost all Bose Entertainment systems– At a fixed height of 38” Bose UFS-20 is compatible with most 2- speaker and 5- speaker systems from Bose. The only disadvantage here is that it only supports Bose entertainment systems limiting your use with other speaker’s brands.
- Saves a lot of space– Bose UFS-20 are slender metal stands that take very little space, freeing some space for other necessary furniture. These slender stands display your speakers in an elegant way while at the same time hiding all unsightly wires and eliminating slip hazards.
- Heavy-duty steel construction– Bose UFS-20 is designed in a durable and long-lasting construction made possible by features such as heavy-duty steel that is used to make its frames that do not break no matter the amount of pressure exerted. It also has one of the most solid bases that serve for many years.
- Elegant design– Available in both white and black finishes, these stands are designed to blend well into any décor adding a touch of style to your room but most importantly it is designed to optimize your listening experience to a level no other can.
- Metal stands for improved durability
- Ideal for cube speakers
- These stands come with sturdy bases and frames
- Neat appearance thanks to its ability to hide speaker wires
- Comes with heavy-duty steel frames ensuring its durability
- It is only compatible with Bose speakers
- The frames lack adjustability aspect
- The large base makes it difficult to position the stand in small spaces
Our verdict– The Bose UFS-20 is a good choice for your cube set of speakers and it comes with stunning functionality and unique design available in two colors for aesthetic appeal.
Bose Entertainment never disappoints, don’t hesitate to pick our Bose UFS-20 on Amazon today.
9. Rockville RHTSB 36″
Rockville RHTSB is designed to hold your bookshelf and surround speakers into place with performance, appearance, and quality is the center of attention. This stand has also been widely used with most studio monitors making them really flexible. Its body is embellished with high-quality furniture paint that does not chip or cracks over time.
Rockville RHTSB 36″ Key Features and Benefits
- Tested and proved performance– Rockville made RHTSB with performance as their center of attention. They tested the height at 36” and established it is at this height that the stand delivered optimal performance. The stand also looked attractive at this height, hence they settled at this height as the fixed height.
- Hollow body design– Rockville RHTSB 36″ comes with a hollow body whereby you can fill it with sand or any other material to add its weight and make it more stable. These stands have a load capacity of 60lbs which means that they can comfortably support heavier speakers without compromising the stability. They are sturdy enough to out-perform close competitors.
- Engineered for any floor surface– Worry less about the stands’ stability on any floor surface thanks to the rubber spikes and isolations pads that create a non-slip surface that ensures optimal performance at all times.
- High-quality construction and premium finishing– Rockville uses only quality wood in the construction of RHTSB which helps to minimize resonance. In addition, it is embellished with high-grade furniture paint that does not peel even when exposed to harsh conditions.
- Hollow pillars that can be filled with sand for more stability
- Hides the wires for safety and tidy look
- Ultra-strong wood construction for durability
- Comes with isolation pads to keep them from scratching your floor
- Easy to install and mount the speakers
- Filling the pillars with sand is sometimes bothersome
- It is relatively expensive
- Fixed height
Our verdict- For your surround speakers, bookshelf speakers, and also your studio monitors, the Rockville RHTSB present a perfect choice considering the fact that it was designed with quality and performance as the center of attention.
Rockville RHTSB 36” is a masterpiece and it beats its competitors on their own game. Try it today.
10. Mount-It! MI-58B
These are heavy-duty speaker stands and they come with all the necessary tools and mounting instructions and all you have to do is to mount your speakers on them just as the name suggests. Their hollow glass and aluminum tempered column can be filled with sand to increase stability while at the same time reduce floor distortion.
Mount-It! MI-58B Key Features and Benefits
- Aluminum and glass tempered poles– The top plate and the support poles have been coated with about ¼ inch of aluminum alloy and thick tempered glass which gives the stands a sturdy construction. The stand can support speakers of up to 22lbs making them compatible with most speakers under that weight category.
- Empty center pole– Just like Rockville RHTSB, these stands also have a hollow center pole that can be filled with sand to improve stability and minimize resonance as well. The pole can also be used to hide the cables out of sight.
- Sleek and compact design- Mount-It! MI-58B comes in a contemporary design that uses high-quality materials for that stylish look for your loudspeakers. The black silk finish fits well into any interior and the compact design makes it easy to carry it from one place to the other as well as fit in tight spaces.
- Floor protection features– With Mount-It! MI-58B comes with spikes and rubber pads for proper mounting on all floor surfaces. You will be required to protect your floor as you will be using this stand for a very long time. With Mount-It! MI-58B, the poles tend to protrude past the bottom plates, and as such you will be required to put the spikes on even on a hard surface. You can, however, cover the spikes with rubber pads to prevent the spikes from scratching the floor.
- It is compatible with many speakers from popular brands such as Samsung, Sonos among others
- The cables are out of sight giving it a clean look
- Durable glass tempered and an aluminum alloy construction
- Contemporary make with a stylish silk finish
- It is easy to install the stand and mount the speakers as it comes with clear guidelines
- The glass column is prone to breakages if mishandled
- You will require to mount the spikes even on non-carpeted surfaces
- The height s not as big as expected
Our verdict– Mount-It! MI-58B provides you with a way to optimize your listening experience in a way that keeps your speakers secure and in an elegant way and at a great value.
Mount-It! MI-58B is a great addition to your sound system. Check it on Amazon.
A Buying Guide for the Best Speaker Stand
Finding appropriate stands for your speakers maybe sometimes confusing as selection involves more than just the appearance, size, and price. It is important that you understand some crucial aspects that you should keep in mind before you purchase the speaker stands. They include;
1. The Top Plate
This is the surface where the speakers will be fitted. Normally, the top plate will have some rubbers pads, holes, or studs that facilitate easy installation. Most stands come with rubber pads as apart from them providing a firm grip; they also minimize speakers’ vibrations. Those that feature the studs do not provide a firm grip as the former but they enhance the overall appearance of the setup. The last option is those that have holes whereby you will need to use screws to bolt the speakers into place. All in all the speakers need to be securely fastened so as to improve the speakers’ stability and consequently the sound quality.
2. The Design of the Base
The base of the stand will vary from one model to another. However, the wider the base the more stable the stand is. A wide and heavy base ensures that the stand does not fall easily when it is knocked accidentally and it is the perfect choice for big and weighty speakers.
It is also important to consider the feet of the base. The feet are; either rubber pads which are ideal for a normal flat floor or spikes if the stands will be positioned on a carpeted surface.
3. Height Aspect
The sound projection will majorly depend on the height of the stand which is why it is important to factor in the height of the stands. The ideal height level will be the ear level which will fall anywhere between 20”-28”. The good thing is that some model comes with adjustable height which allows you to adjust the height to your convenience. This allows for flexibility and you are able to play around until you get the best audio output.
4. Stability and Durability Aspect
Apart from stylish looks, the stands need to have a durable construction so as to ensure maximum stability and that the speakers are secure all through. Depending on your personal preferences and budget, the stands are normally made of wood, steel, and MDF. The wood and MDF stand are less expensive but they still hold the speakers as expected. The steel stands are relatively expensive and on top of offering maximum stability, they have an appealing appearance and they last for many years.
5. Maximum Weight Bearing Ability
Just as with the height of the stand, it is important to consider the maximum weight bearing of the stands as buying a lightweight stand will make your speakers run the risk of wobbling and consequently falling off. The stands should comfortably bear the weight of your speaker and it is recommended that you buy stands whose weight limit exceeds that of the speakers’.
6. Organization of the cables
Most people prefer that the setup should have some mechanism of hiding the cable for tidiness and safety purposes. Most stands come with a channel for hiding these cables especially when the cables are too long providing a clean and safe operating environment. However, you can always leave the cables exposed if that’s what you prefer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does speaker stands really make a difference?
Answer: Yes, speaker stands improve sound imaging. Speaker placement is one of the most important factors affecting the experience you get from your home sound system. Even with the best alignment of speakers in your space, stands to make a significant difference in sound quality. They tighten up the bass and improve the way sound reaches your ears. Stands lift your left and right speakers to the optimum listening height, which results in better sound imaging especially when you have connected your TV/panel with your speakers. Some users mass fill their speaker stands for better imaging benefits.
Which is the right speaker stands for my speakers?
Answer: A good-looking speaker stand is a nice addition to your living room. However, looks come second to stability and weight rating when evaluating different speaker stands. The stand should support the speaker in such a way that the speaker will not tip off easily when slightly pushed.
You want a stand that has a solid build to support the base of your speaker. Check the weight rating of the stand to see that it can handle the weight of your speakers.
The other part to assess thoughtfully is the top plate. Some top plates have speaker studs while others have rubber feet on which the speaker sits. Rubber provides a solid grip on the speaker’s base and also protects the speaker’s housing from damage. Speaker studs are good for reducing vibrations but they don’t grip well as rubber does. Additionally, studs can damage the speaker’s bottom.
What height is best for speaker stands?
Answer: To achieve the best sound balance, your tweeters, speakers, and subs must be aligned with the user’s ears. Improper or suboptimal alignment of sound drivers results in loss of some sound frequencies. For example, when tweeters are not placed at ear level, many high frequencies are lost and this affects overall sound quality.
The majority of speaker stands come with a height that allows them to raise speakers to ear level when the user is seated (around 20 to 34 inches). Some are designed with adjustable heights to allow you to set your speakers are a convenient height. For example, Sanus HTBS, PERLESMITH PSSS1, and Atlantic Satellite 77305018 have adjustable heights.
Which is the right speaker stands for my floor type?
Answer: Speaker stands come with feet that have either rubber pads or spikes. If you want to have your stand on an area that has a solid floor, consider speaker stands that have feet with rubber. Spikes are better if you will place the stand on the carpeted floor. The spikes go through the carpet to secure the stand firmly on the floor underneath.
Which speaker stand is suitable for large bookshelf speakers?
Answer: It goes without saying that the right speaker stands for big bookshelf speakers ought to be very stable. A wide, heavy base will reduce the probability of these heavy speakers tipping. Some users use smaller stands but make sure that the stands are fastened to the floor. The frame of the stand (what connects the top plate to the bottom plate) should feature strong metal such as steel. It is always advisable to fill the metal frame with dry sand for more stability and reduced vibration.
Have you been looking for a way to improve your sound experience in the simplest way possible? Then a good pair of speaker stands will go a long way especially when it comes to minimizing vibrations that would otherwise lead to sound distortion. This is in addition to giving your speakers a longer lifespan and a decent appearance as well as facilitating easy movements.
This is why this guide has clearly highlighted key models to help you settle on the one that is perfect for your set of speakers. These stands are for every budget and we recommend that you pick any of the models highlighted l above as they are of high quality and they will serve you for many years to come.