These waterproof shower speakers come in two forms; those that can be placed at either the bathtub or a shelf on the bathroom and those that are mounted on the showerhead.
Whichever the case, they all work towards the same goal; making your shower time more fun, relaxed after a long day at work, and maybe more productive like listening to a podcast.
With an influx of many shower speakers in the market today, some being Bluetooth enabled and other options with equally impressive features, you may be asking yourself which one is the best? These carefully selected speakers are the best on the market today and we hope that they will provide you with many years of quality shower time.
For those who may not have enough time to look at our detailed review of the shower speakers, the comparison table below summarizes the most basic information that you should know before you settle on any of our selected items within few minutes.
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table for the Best Shower Speakers 2021
- Our Review Process
- 1. JBL Charge 3 JBLCHARGE3BLKAM Overall Best in 2021
- 2. OontZ Angle 3 Ultra
- 3. Bose SoundLink Micro
- 4. Ultimate Ears Boom 2 – Wireless Shower Speaker
- 5. FUGOO Style XL
- 6. TREBLAB HD55
- 7. OontZ Angle 3
- 8. AOMAIS Sport II
- 9. iFox iF012
- 10. Tribit XSound Go
- Selection Guide: How to Find the Best Shower Speaker
Comparison Table for the Best Shower Speakers 2021
|Speaker Name||Battery Life||Power||Our Rating||Price|
|JBL CHARGE3BLKAM [Overall best]||20 h||20 W|
|OontZ Angle 3 Ultra||20 h||14 W|
|Bose SoundLink Micro||6 h||10 W|
|Ultimate Ears Boom 2||15 h||9 W|
|FUGOO Style XL||35 h||38 W|
|TREBLAB HD55||10 h||9 W|
|OontZ Angle 3||15 h||10 W|
|AOMAIS Sport II||10 h||20 W|
|iFox iF012||10 h||6 W|
|Tribit XSound Go||24 h||12 W|
Our Review Process
Our comprehensive review involves complete scrutiny of the products in various e-commerce sites which guided us in highlighting the products’ key features and other specialties. Customer reviews were quite helpful as they helped us put a stamp on our selected items as well as advise on any drawback that might result.
During the testing phase, we tested the battery life, waterproof capabilities, and how adjusting volume to certain levels affects performance. We used the speakers continuously to check how long the battery will last and adjusted the volumes to maximum levels to see if there will be any sound distortion.
For water resistance, the speakers were splashed with water and some were immersed according to specifications and that’s how we came up with our IP rating.
That’s how we ended up with our top 10 performing shower speakers as we will see below in our comprehensive review.
1. JBL Charge 3 JBLCHARGE3BLKAM Overall Best in 2021
On top of our list is JBL Charge 3 JBLCHARGE3BLKAM which comes in an incredible package that features a long-lasting battery lasting for about 20 hours, and can even recharge other devices. This portable and compact speaker has the meatiest bass ever which happens automatically without any distortion.
JBL Charge 3 JBLCHARGE3BLKAM Key Highlights and Benefits
- Wireless Bluetooth: JBL Charge 3 pairs with other Bluetooth devices allowing you to play files from those devices wirelessly. Interestingly, it can connect to up to 3 devices at a go and plays the files from those devices in turns producing amazing stereo sound.
- Lithium-ion Polymer Battery: JBL Charge 3 has a Lithium-ion Polymer based battery with a playback time of up to 20 hours, although this will depend on the content being played as well as volume level. Actually, its closest competitors have a battery life of about 10 hours but as we have seen JBL last twice as this giving it a competitive advantage.
- Charging USB devices: Due to its high capacity battery, JBL Charge 3 can charge up to 3 USB devices at the same time hence the name ‘Charge ’. So you can use it to charge any of your mobile devices when the power supply is inaccessible as long as the battery level is sufficient. The speaker itself is recharged using a micro USB.
- Speaker Phone: This speaker is equipped with an inbuilt microphone which turns into an incredible speaker with special abilities to cancel any noise so that only quality audio is directed towards your ears. This speakerphone turns your conversations into an ultimate experience.
- A rugged design that is highly waterproof for use in high moisture areas.
- It is compact and the buttons are easy to control.
- Doubles up as an amplifier to other speakers.
- Can be used as a portable charger.
- Easy pairing and it can be connected to three devices at once.
- It is compatible with most Bluetooth-enabled devices.
- The exposed woofers may not be appealing to all.
- The bass is not as satisfying
Our Verdict: JBL Charge 3 was the best overall in terms of audio quality. With incredible battery life, good power outage, and great waterproof capabilities, we highly recommend this speaker, and rest assured that it won’t disappoint.
Pick JBL Charge 3 on Amazon today to have a taste of the top cream.
2. OontZ Angle 3 Ultra
Wireless connectivity is the order of the day and the OontZ Angle 3 Ultra is a master in this field. This speaker weighs about 10 ounces meaning that it is highly portable and has a rechargeable battery that can go for up to 12 hours of playing music. Its great design which excludes square corners allows for both horizontal and vertical placement and ease of carrying it.
OontZ Angle 3 Ultra Key Highlights and Benefits
- Superior Bass: This speaker produces a quality sound that translates into a more enhanced bass and clear mids and highs. The 14 Watts enables the stereo drivers and bass radiator to deliver a loud filling sound that is free from distortion even at maximum volume.
- Wide Bluetooth Range: Featuring 4.2 Bluetooth with an improved antenna, OontZ Angle 3 provides a fast and easy connection to your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or any other Bluetooth-enabled device with Bluetooth coverage of about 100 feet.
- IPX6 Rating: With an IP of 6 it means this speaker is water-resistant/splashproof and as such can only be able to resist water splash. It, therefore, cannot be submerged in water. However, it is resistant to extreme heat meaning that it can be used outdoors without getting damage from the excess heat from the sun or other heat sources.
- Single charge lasting up to 20 hours: The rechargeable battery provides up to 20 hours of playback time which will vary depending on the mode of connection used, volume levels, and the content being played as well as the source of that content. The speaker is recharged using a regular micro USB cable.
- The OontZ Angle 3 Ultra delivers close to 20% more volume than its predecessor.
- It delivers a very deep bass response, crisp highs, and detailed midranges.
- Bluetooth connectivity for wireless transmissions
- It has a stylish triangular design that can be placed vertically or horizontally without posing any risk of falling.
- This speaker is relatively lightweight and highly portable making it a perfect choice for camping or traveling.
- Higher on the price spectrum.
- The Bluetooth speaker is slightly bulky.
Our Verdict: OontZ Angle 3 Ultra ranks as the best speaker for bass lovers and its versatility in terms of placement positions allows for unlimited use in different environments.
Consider having this speaker and be assured that you will get value for your money.
3. Bose SoundLink Micro
This Bose technology shower speaker is known for its clear and loud sound all as a result of its uniquely mounted passive radiators and transducer. It is waterproof inside out and it is perfect for even outdoor scenarios and thanks to its tear-resistance, you can just hook it at your backpack and you don’t have to worry about bad weather or an accidental fall.
Highlights and Benefits of Bose SoundLink Micro
- Power and Bluetooth Pairing Buttons: Unlike other speakers that may not have separate buttons for various functions, Bose SoundLink Micro features these two buttons which are separated by a flexible band. This same band is what is used to fasten the speaker where it is mounted. The base of this band holds the LED readout which is used to show battery level.
- Additional Functions Buttons: It seems this speaker does not fall short of buttons for various functions. Above the perforated grill is the volume button both up and down buttons and the central button for track navigation and administering calls.
- Easily Portable: Coming with a strap that is tear-resistant you can easily strap it on your bathtub, kitchen, or on your backpack taking it with you wherever you go, and will still be guaranteed unmatched performance.
- Speaker Grills: This speaker feature two speaker grills where one is at the top where it works with the passive radiator to produce loud mid-and high-frequency sound. The second grill is at the bottom of the speaker and just like the first one it works through a passive radiator to produce true stereo.
- It can be used to make calls.
- Great audio with clear separation.
- Well weatherized in its rugged design.
- It can be easily attached to a backpack meaning it is highly portable.
- It features a multifunctional voice-assistant button.
- Absence of auxiliary input or output.
- Some distortion may be felt at low-frequency when the volumes are pushed to the limits.
- Exclamation CircleThe sound appears monophonic when not paired with another speaker.
Our Verdict: Generally, Bose SoundLink Micro is designed with exceptional features and it being highly portable, you can move with it from one place to the other.
Grab this rare chance today and make the best out of it.
4. Ultimate Ears Boom 2 – Wireless Shower Speaker
This wireless 360-degree shower speaker is well designed to get muddy, wet and it is also stain and shock-resistant. It produces a powerful and deep bass that sounds pretty loud and spreads in all directions. Its wireless connectivity makes it possible to connect a number of these speakers and the result is a blast that has not been experienced with any other speaker.
Ultimate Ears Boom 2 Key Highlights and Benefits
- Improved IPX7 Rating: This speaker has a rating of IPX7 rating which is a great improvement from its predecessor which had an IP of 4. With this level of waterproof, the speaker can be fully submerged in water for some minutes with no risk of it getting spoil. This also means that you can comfortably use it in the rain.
- Tap controls: Ultimate Ears Boom 2 features unique tap controls which are navigated by the use of an app where they are activated. Each function follows a certain command whereby if for example if you want to skip a song you just pick the speaker and tap it.
- 360-degree sound: Although it is compact and small in size, this cylindrical Ultimate Ears Boom 2 fills your bathroom or any other room with rich sound and deep bass from every corner.
- Customized settings: This speaker allows you to have full control of the audio setting allowing you to for example adjust the bass to the desired level. This means that you can tune the speaker to fit with any track.
- Great Android and iOS app
- It is waterproof and can withstand bad weather conditions.
- It encompasses more robust features for optimal performance.
- Brilliant and colorful design for aesthetic appeal.
- It reproduces expressive and Rhythmic sounds.
- Distortion may be felt at high volumes.
- It is a bit higher on the price spectrum.
- Exclamation CircleThe battery life isn’t as improved like that of close competitors.
Our Verdict: Ultimate Ears Boom 2 is designed to liven up your bath time with its colorful design and great features all summing up into a great experience.
Check the latest prices on Amazon by clicking on the button below.
5. FUGOO Style XL
Battery life is a must consider when shopping for a good shower speaker. FUGOO Style XL is here to make your search easy with up to 35 hours; it is a definite pick to liven up your shower experience. With an IP of 7, it is completely waterproof and can be submerged even half an hour so you can definitely take it with you to the pool.
FUGOO Style XL Key Highlights and Benefits
- All-directions Microphone: This speaker features an inbuilt microphone that functions as a speakerphone with the ability to cancel anything that may distract the sound. Actually, the speakerphone quality for this speaker could override that of most smartphones. The additional Digital Signal Processor helps to improve the quality of the sound depending on volume level and music genre as well as cutting out on wind or any other noise during calls.
- 35 Hours Battery Life: FUGOO Style XL provides unmatched battery life of 35 hours and with such a battery life and only 3 ½ hours charge time you get to have uninterrupted entertainment sessions not forgetting about the quality as well.
- Generous Features: From the control buttons, the extra tweeters, power bank to the micro USB cable, these are some of the features that make FUGOO Style XL deliver high fidelity audio when and as expected.
- Fully waterproof and Dustproof: The Fugoo Style XL is dustproof and has an IP rating of IPX7 meaning that you can use it at the poolside without getting damaged. It is also made from high-durable material that enables it to float for some time in case of unintended fall in the water.
- It produces great and well-balanced sound with excellent low-end to match the detailed highs and midrange.
- Incredible features include an external charging port, a Bluetooth support profile, and logical controls.
- Unmatched waterproof capabilities and firmness result in a prolonged lifespan.
- A great design that can be customized according to your likes and preferences.
- An improved battery life.
- It is bulky and heavy limiting its portability.
- It lacks a USB charging port.
- Exclamation CircleWeak Wi-Fi connection as such you can’t play high-fidelity music.
Our Verdict: FUGOO Style XL battery life of 35 hours which is almost triple that of close competitors plus a number of eye-catching features draw us to this speaker which is why we can confidently recommend it to you today.
Try FUGOO Style XL for a completely different shower experience.
6. TREBLAB HD55
The Treblab HD55 produces undistorted sound at all volume levels delivering that rich, clear, and loud enough sound perfect even for the audiophiles. It is lightweight and falls in the category of the wireless Bluetooth speaker whose versatile nature makes it perfect for not only bathroom use but also other outdoor activities.
Highlights and Benefits of TREBLAB HD55
- Easily Pairs with Compatible Devices: It only takes few seconds for HD55 to connect to a smartphone, laptop among other compatible devices through Bluetooth or AUX.it provides a steady connection with a 4.1 Bluetooth that a range of about 10 meters allowing the speaker to play files from those devices as selected.
- Irresistible Bonuses: Comes with quite some bonuses ranging from a high-sensitive inbuilt speakerphone for making calls and receiving calls, a protective and water-resistant carrier bag, and interchangeable speaker covers for you to change the look at any given time.
- Water Resistant/Splashproof: HD55 has an IP rating of IPX4 which means that it only splashproof and not waterproof. This means that it can only withstand water sprays and splashes and using this speaker underwater will definitely damage it completely. It is, however, dustproof so you can take it with you during that dusty bike rides.
- checkEasy-going: HD55 is easy to mount and operate thanks to its elaborate user manual that clearly highlights all the controls to be applied in a step-by-step process and the instructions are clear and easy to follow. Pairing with other devices is even easier as you just have to look out for the LED color change which is an indication of the pairing process.
- It has an in-built speakerphone that makes it possible to make and receive calls.
- It is compatible with any Bluetooth-enabled device.
- It comes with two sets of washable covers which can be interchanged.
- It works well with all streaming services.
- It can play for long hours thanks to its strong battery that is charged for about 5 hours.
- The battery doesn’t have a charge indicator to show charging or battery level.
- Exclamation CircleYou may not like it if you are a bass lover
- Exclamation CircleIt is not waterproof, just splashproof.
Our Verdict: TREBLAB HD55 is one of the best and highly versatile speakers that will suit your needs except for bass lovers.
Substitute your phone with this wireless speaker before it’s too late.
7. OontZ Angle 3
The Oontz Angle 3 enticing price tag, compact size, water resistance, and rich sound is what makes it meet our expectations we can comfortably recommend it to you as one of the best and budget shower speaker in the market today.
OontZ Angle 3 Key Highlights and Benefits
- Control Buttons and Ports: The control buttons are strategically placed at the top and button of the speaker for ease of use and easy navigation with the volume up/down and play/pause button placed at the buttons and the pairing button placed at the top. With continued use, you will be able to access these buttons by mere touch.
- Crystal clear and incredible sound: This speaker features two Neodymium drivers that help to ensure that the high frequency, as well as the midrange, is on point. Additionally, the bass radiator ensures that the bass is the best in its class despite the fact that the speaker is so compact and so small in size.
- Portability Aspect: Measuring just 2.5 x 5.25 x 2 .75 inches and weighing about 6 ounces Oontz Angle 3 is considerably lightweight which is meant to enhance its portability making it possible to not only use it in your bathroom but also carry it with you for different activities.
- checkIPX5 Rating: Although it is not entirely waterproof an IP of 5 allows you to use it in moist areas whether it is in the bathroom or in the beach. However, you must be careful so as not to submerge it in water.
- It is small in size and very lightweight such that it can even be carried in a backpack.
- Connects quickly to your phone tablet or iPhone via Bluetooth.
- It is completely waterproof and splashproof making it perfect for outdoor activities.
- The sound never becomes distorted
- Easy to install and use.
- It only has a mini-USB charging cable and lacks the micro-USB.
- Exclamation CircleThe LED indicator which is light blue in color may be too bright especially when used in a dark room.
- Exclamation CircleIt does not come with a power adapter so you have to buy one separately.
Our Verdict: This solid speaker remains unbeaten in terms of rich bass and outstanding volume not forgetting the impressive sound output.
Check out OontZ Angle 3 on Amazon and we guarantee you it’s worth checking.
8. AOMAIS Sport II
Coming in attractive rugged design the AOMAIS Sport II is a very solid shower speaker, fully waterproof and highly portable and it is worth the investment. Its rubber surrounds further protect it from undesired external factors besides adding to its sleek design making it perfect for even outdoor use.
AOMAIS Sport II Key Features and Benefits
- Durable Mesh Grill Casing: AOMAIS Sport II features s special kind of mesh grill casing. This casing is what makes the speaker be shockproof, mudproof, and in some cases snowproof. In addition, the casing also allows you to have a sneak view of the speaker’s interior, especially when held against the light.
- Stable and Effortless Connection: With BLUETOOTH 4.0, this speaker is able to provide a stable connection with a range of about 10 meters. AOMAIS Sport II can also connect with non-Bluetooth devices using the included aux cable enabling it to play files from those devices.
- Certified with an IPX7 Rating: IPX7 rating is high enough to allow you to use AOMAIS SPORT II in extremely wet conditions and still function optimally even if it is completely submerged in water.
- Floating Accessory: AOMAIS Sport II comes with an inflatable floating accessory that enables it to float. This means you can comfortably use it in your bathtub or swimming pool as it will not sink.
- Lithium Polymer Battery: Its battery has a huge storage capacity with a single charge allowing you to have up to 10 hours of uninterrupted entertainment.
- It is dustproof and waterproof making it perfect for all weather.
- Battery recharging is pretty fast.
- Has a system that supports call answering
- It can be used in a pool as it has floating pads.
- Easy to operate the system with separate volume and skip buttons.
- The low-end response is not as strong.
- Exclamation CircleIt has a volume limit that might need some improvement.
- Exclamation CircleHas no hook for hanging.
Our Verdict: AOMAIS Sport II is packed with everything required for a speaker to be up and running in addition to a quick user guide, USB charging cable, and aux-in cable. This is probably what you have been looking for along.
Experience this fun-filled speaker today. Check the prices on Amazon.
9. iFox iF012
If there is one thing that is not likely to disappoint in iFox iF012 is its battery life with an incredible backup. It has filed up a number of certifications delivering great performance and at an affordable price.
Highlights and Benefits of iFox iF012
- Best Sounding Speaker, with Easy to Use Buttons: iFox if012 is built to last producing comprehensive sound. Featuring Bluetooth version 4.1, it fully complied with the FCC, CE, and ROHS certifications and it features uniquely placed buttons for ease of operation while in the shower.
- Completely Waterproof and Submersible: On top of the above certifications, iFox if012 is 100% waterproof, and submerging it in water whether international or accidental should not be a problem.
- Effortless Connection: iFox if012 Connects with any Bluetooth-enabled device that is found within 10 meters from the speaker in just a few seconds. The wireless connection allows you to navigate through the tracks, the volume levels allowing you to enjoy your music as you also enjoying your shower.
- Impressive battery life: iFox if012 offers 10 hours of playback with a 3 hours recharge time using the USB cable which is through a rubber-sealed port and connected to your computer.
- It has CE, FCC, and ROHS certification hence its durability is assured.
- It connects and the pair is under 10 seconds.
- It makes and receives phone calls through the inbuilt speaker microphone.
- The battery is long-lasting with up to 10 hours of playing music. It is waterproof and is compatible with all Bluetooth-enabled devices.
- The skip and volume buttons are the same resulting in confusion.
- Exclamation CircleIn wet areas, the suction cap is slightly slippery.
Our Verdict: iFox if012 presents a very user-friendly interaction in its exquisite design to help you upgrade your experience to desired levels.
Take this opportunity and get this inexpensive speaker while it still lasts.
10. Tribit XSound Go
Tribit XSound Go brings to you a very affordable Bluetooth-enabled speaker with generous features for an exciting experience in the shower or a long day at the beach. Its sound quality is nowhere close to its true value making it a good option that will definitely fit in your bill.
Tribit XSound Go Key Highlights and Benefits
- Incredible Audio: Tribit XSound features 6W drivers and bass radiators that deliver crisp highs, clear mids, and deep bass resulting in an unmatched listening experience.
- Great Waterproof Speaker: With an IPX7 rating, Tribit XSound Go is just perfect for complimenting your shower karaoke, pool parties, and any other fun activity that will be carried out in conditions that can’t accommodate an ordinary speaker
- Ultra-Modern and Elegant Design: This stylishly designed speaker features curved edges with a touch of matte finish for aesthetic appeal. It is highly compact for portability and easy mounting.
- check24-hours Play Time: Tribit XSound Go enables the speaker to keep you entertained all day and all night light. This is the clock speaker, literally! The Lithium-ion battery ALL DAY PLAY: Keep the music pumping all day (and all night) long.
- Has an average battery life of about 24 hours.
- Inbuilt high-quality microphone for calls.
- It is unique in that the LED lights change color when the charge is running low signaling you to recharge.
- Crystal clear sound that is not distorted even at high volumes.
- Has a wide Bluetooth range.
- Weak bass hence not ideal for bass lovers.
- Exclamation CircleIt does not indicate battery level.
- Exclamation CircleComplicated tracks may not be replicated as they should be.
Our Verdict: Being at the bottom of our list doesn’t mean it does not perform well. The fact that it made it here should be enough to assure you that it has what it takes to make a good shower speaker.
So don’t hesitate to go for this amazing wireless speaker and you will be assured of non-stop entertainment all day long.
Selection Guide: How to Find the Best Shower Speaker
Our review just like any other review came with a number of unfamiliar technical terms and different features which ideally is a way of differentiating one item from another. That’s why this guide is here to put it in a layman’s language to help you make an informed decision and avoid disappointments.
Here is what to look out for;
A good shower speaker will either feature Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or both connectivity modes. Preferring one connectivity over the other or both is purely based on individual preferences which may also be guided by the price tag.
It is, however, important to note that Bluetooth offers a limited range when compared to Wi-Fi not forgetting other limiting factors such as being obstructed by walls. As such, it is always a good idea to choose a speaker with both connection modes for more ingrained signal strength but that will come at a price.
A good shower speaker should be compatible with a number of devices if not all. It should be able to connect to your laptop, phone, or tablet within seconds provided that the connection mode (Bluetooth or Wi-Fi) is within the range and that it is strong.
Generally, it should have universal compatibility in that in the likelihood that you decide to change your phone or any other device, connection with the new device should be seamless
Shape and buttons
The shape and design should be the one that makes it easy to carry the speaker from one place to the other. Additionally, it should feature the play and pause, forward, rewind, and volume up and down buttons for ease of use.
A good speaker should have a battery life that is convenient enough to cover you in situations where you can’t access a socket as well as long-term costs implications.
The battery life majorly depends on the features of the speakers. By this, we mean a shower speaker with both modes of connection will consume more power than the one with just a single mode and as such it requires frequent recharging.
You should also keep in it mind that different speakers models will require different types of batteries and some will come with an inbuilt battery while others come with the external one which might require regular replacement.
Waterproof v splashproof
Here the key factor will be the mode of installation. If the speaker will be mounted at the shower head there is the need for the speaker to be fully waterproof to protect it from the obvious flowing water and to avoid any electronic failure.
On the other hand, if the speaker will mounted away from the showerhead then it only needs to be water-resistant/splashproof as it is only likely to come into contact with just a little moisture/splashes.
This is basically the degree of protection from water that a speaker has. This rating should guide you to determine if a speaker is waterproof or just splashproof.
An IP rating of below 6 implies that the speaker is only splashproof and cannot be submerged in even a little amount of water.
An IP rating of 7 and above is what is considered sufficient enough for a speaker to be considered fully waterproof which means that you can carry your speaker along with you to the pool.
A speaker with an inbuilt microphone will come in handy especially when you want to control your phone but it is out of reach. Bluetooth connection makes it possible for you to perform other tasks like sending emails, texting, and other non-entertainment-related function while still enjoying your shower.
Most importantly you should not forget about the sound quality. Some speakers offer normal should while others will deliver what we call HD sound. This is important to consider because in some speakers when the volume is turned up the sound keeps on getting distorted which is a sign of a poor quality sound.
These shower speakers which are mostly portable and Bluetooth enabled are popularly becoming a must-have device especially amongst young people and audiophiles in general.
They are here to stay and to make your life more interesting and easy as they can take them along with you, have a good battery life so you don’t have to charge them as often, and doubles as a speaker to your phone calls.
Also Read: Best Floor Standing Speakers – Top 12 Picks
We believe that the best speaker is the one that you deem right for you irrespective of whether you decide to go for one with a sophisticated design and setup or a simple one.
That said we hope the herein provided list and a buying guide will help you make an informed decision and find the exact product that you are looking for.