How to Install Car Speakers Yourself
At present most of the new cars have easy manufacturing unit-mounted built in audio system. Owner of the car isn't pleased with this speaker due to low-first-class sound. They need properly satisfactory and stay performance sound device. As a result, a few car owners update the built-in audio system and others upload greater audio system. Nowadays, there are numerous types of car speakers available. Amongst them, the most common and very famous car speaker is 6x9 inches car speaker with oval and round shape. An oval shape speaker produces greater dynamic sound than a round shape speaker of a similar size.
Types of car speakers
Generally, four basics types of speakers are found in the market. These are:
Tweeter: It is a small speaker which produces the highest frequency sound.
Driver: It is a middle range speaker which provides a richer and fuller sound.
Woofer: It is a low range speaker which provides good power in the lower ranges and works well with sounds that cover a wider portion of the lower range.
Subwoofer: Subwoofer is a very low range speaker which helps create the experience of feeling the music.
Car Speaker’s Installation Process:
Installation of car speaker is a relatively simple process. The installation process needs about an hour or less to complete. During installation, any speaker in your car, safety measures should be taken to avoid any damage.
Probable Causes for Damage to Speakers:
Sometimes speakers can be damaged by not installing speakers properly. This can impose added cost and even possible injury. Here is a list of probable causes for damage to speakers. They are:
- Magnetic coil damage
- Short circuit
- Fuse damage
- Cracks in the cone
Before Installation Process, the Following Apparatus should be Needed:
- Flat Bladed Magnetic Screwdrivers
- A drill and bits
- Socket wrench set
- Hex key
- Wire cutters
- Soldering iron
- Phillips head
- Removal tool for door panel
- Insulating tape
- Torxhand tools
- Retaining clip remover
Some general steps for car speaker’s installation:
- First of all you should disconnect the battery that supplies the power.
- Disassemble the doors you wish to insert the audio system in
- Eliminate the default speakers
- It also requires expulsion of dash, or back shelf interior boards to get to the speaker mounting place
Some common factors:
Installing new car speakers and removing built in car speakers are very common matter today. In this case some factors should be considered before installing car speakers
1. You should know the condition of the current stereo system because some speakers have simple stereo audio systems that have limited wattage and two or four channels. It is impossible to add 10 or more to 100 watt.
2. You should know the dimensions of the factory car speakers. In market, speakers come in different shapes and sizes. So you should select the correct speaker’s size for replacement. Most popular car speaker size on the market now is 6×9 car speakers.
3. There are many types of speakers with different styles, colors, covers in a similar price range. Amongst them, you pick the best fit aftermarket speakers that look good with high quality sound performance and good electronic characteristics to allow you to add woofers and tweeters where you need them.
4. You should need to define the appropriate wattage for your new speakers. In this case, best to be the same with the factory one.
Steps for Installing Extra Car Speakers without Replacing the Default Speakers:
1. At first, you will have to find the right place at the car door where you will install your speakers.
2. You have to place the speaker`s layout on the door or movable panel at front.
3. After placing the layout, you have to fix the layout to the perfect spots using tape that you have got picked.
4. Withdraw the screws or broken fittings to remove the inner side of the door or movable panel at front.
5. Dispel the shape of the layout placing the door or movable panel at front using a sharp blade. A jigsaw can be used if the door or movable panel at front is of metal.
6. After reducing door or movable panel at front, you have to set a sturdy elastic piping within the space a number of the door and the door frame.
7. After setting elastic piping, wiring needs to be started from the radio or Compact disc (CD) machine through piping.
8. The wrapping needs to be performed using electrical tape across the wires which can be a few of the door itself and the internal panel.
9. The speaker needs to be established to the door or movable panel at front.
10. You need to make position the door back on the door and loosely screw a few screws in the area, just so the panel stays in location.
11. Wire should be folded to the lower back of the audio system.
12. After completion all jobs, you need to strongly re-join the panel by the door.
Steps for Installing New Car Speakers with Replacing the Default Speakers:
1. Removing the door panels: Removing the door panels on your car is the hardest part of speaker installation, because all cars require different tools and removal techniques. The initial step of introducing a new speaker is to leave the old speakers and it is the most common scenario. To get access new speakers you must remove the door panels. As a rule, you require a screwdriver to fix the screws and them to vacate the door panel. Remember that this progression is varied for every vehicle.
2. Removing old or default speakers: Existing speakers should be replaced to get access speaker mounts. You might have to drill or bore the bolts for removing them. Most of the times, just screwing and disconnecting the wires will work for you.
3. Installing new speakers: Posiiton the speaker into mount and ensure screwing it carefully. After removing old speakers, the next step is to metering the one you are going to install. It might fit perfectly, or you should utilize sections to adjust it. If necessary, you might need drilling holes.
4. Connecting speakers: After drilling holes, you have to connect the speaker. If it does not fit, you need to make new connectors. In any case, focus on the schematics of the speaker and connect it accurately.
5. Wiring: In some cases, installation needs wiring. During wiring, you should be carefull that you are not getting confused between positive and negative wires and carefully plugg them into the receiver or head unit.
6. Clean up: After finishing wiring, you should cover all the exposed wires with tape. Besides these, you have to clean additional wires.
7. Installing tweeters: On the off chance, your car has tweeters, you need to replace them. Simply expel the old units and put in new ones. Tweeters must be introduced on a dry spot, because dampness and water can harm them. The tweeter should also be introduced on a place where there are no vibrations. Speakers wires should be inserted firmly into each terminals to prevent the wires from coming out, which can cause crackling later on.
8. Testing speakers: After completing the set up, power on the head unit and play a song track to test if the speakers are working, increase the volume a bit, if you listen sound coming from the audio system, the install went a success. In case you don't hear sound and the audio system are not running, then check both ends of the RCA Cable are plugged in nicely into the amp and rear preamp outputs on the deck.
All cars have their own unique type of car speaker installation process. To install the speaker, one should carefully read instructions before proceeding to avoid any damage which you shoud find in the box. Most speaker installations can be finished in about an hour or less using appropriate wrench set. But the complexity of the installation varies from vehicles to vehicles.